Department of Endocrinology
Renowned endocrinologist Associate Professor Dr. A H M Aktaruzzaman established Endocrine Department of NITOR in 2014 after his joining. Since then department play a major role in both patients care and academic activities. Treat and manage all patient admitted in NITOR with Diabetes and others endocrine disorder with care and proper counseling. Perform regular academic activity for post graduate students. Department play a vital role in any epidemic and pandemic situation.
Activities of Endocrine Department:
- Regular Indoor round for diabetes and others endocrine disorder patients.
- Attend for Endocrine and Medicine referral.
- Academic classes for post graduate student.
- Regular CME program to enrich our knowledge.
- Attend actively in academic and others administrative meeting.
- Head of Dengue ward and OPD during epidemic situation from 10.08.2019 to 30.09.2019.
- Total OPD patient 625.
- Total admitted patient 77.
- Coordinator of COVID Isolation Ward since March’20.
- Perform SARS CoV-2 test for Patients, Doctors, Nurses and other stuffs of NITOR.
- Treat and manage COVID-19 patient in isolation ward.